How to "Find Your 30" as a business ownerOct 27, 2019
The Australian Sports Commission launched the "Find Your 30" campaign a few years ago to encourage everyone to complete at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
Finding your 30 minutes of physical activity a day can lead to a happier and healthier lifestyle for you, your family and make you less stressed and more productive in your business.
- Brain Health - Can help improve memory
- Mental Health - Reduces the risk of depression, produces endorphins that cheer you up.
- Heart and Lung Health - Strengthens your heart and improves your lung function
- Bone Health - Increases bone mineral density
- Social Benefits - Allows you to get out of the house / business, meet new people and socialise.
Often as s business owner the first things we drop from our busy schedules are self-care and exercise.
However, these are both essential to help us function as both business owners and humans.
How can you Find Your 30?
- Schedule it in! - If it is not scheduled in it is very easy to miss it completely.
- Try to get it out of the way first thing in the morning, before your workday even starts.
- Look for activities that excite you - Gym? Group Fitness Classes? Running? Cycling? Sports?
- Park further away from work and walk into work.
- Exercise in your lunch break (reality is most business owners eat on the run or at their table).
Not looking after yourself and your health can cause increased levels of stress, unable to handle stress effectively, weight gain, aches, and pain.
We only have one body - look after the one you have.
Prevention is better than cure.